Our business support services will let you focus on the important stuff while we handle the paperwork.
Seagrave French isn’t just an accountancy firm. We build long-term relationships with clients, working through the whole journey of developing, shaping and growing a successful business with them. We add value beyond the remit of a traditional accountant – including working on the development and implementation of business plans and strategy, goal setting, budgeting, cash flow and profit forecasts, marketing plans, SWOT analyses, competitor analyses and more. We will also benchmark you against other businesses in your industry, identifying what you do well and what may need attention.
Our business support services cross over into marketing, pricing strategies, helping develop your USP, lead generation, reselling and sales conversion systems and employee relations. We can also work with you on raising finance to facilitate business growth.
One of our philosophies to maintain a healthy business while developing a platform for growth is to constantly measure and test. The numbers – budgets, top and bottom line figures, KPIs etc – tell us how the business is performing. Recent results are often the best indicator for future short and medium-term performance.
We also offer a thorough ‘Business Health Check’ overview for new and existing clients. Many of the best ideas come from people outside the immediate business.
Research suggests that those businesses with a written business plan are far more likely to succeed.
Business plans are also regularly needed to support finance applications, especially bank lending.
We can assist with all aspects of the business plan including…
- Business strategy and goal setting
- Cash flow forecasts
- Profit forecasts
- All written elements of the plan such as business background, marketing plan, SWOT analysis, markets, competition and all of the other key elements that need presenting in the most suitable way to lenders
After you’ve produced the plan, you need to monitor how you are doing against the plan and we can help you with this.
“Do you have a plan in place for business growth?”
Business growth services include…
- Setting goals and an action plan to get you where you want to be – see strategic planning;
- Removing the blocks that are stopping you from getting where you want to be;
- Bench-marking against other businesses in your industry – do you know how you compare to the best and the average in your industry;
- Getting the systems in place to allow your business to grow;
- Performance monitoring including use of key performance indicators;
- Marketing strategy;
- Unique selling point development;
- Customer service systems to help WOW your customers;
- Pricing strategy – have you tested what your optimum selling price is?
- Lead generation systems;
- Sales conversion systems;
- Reselling systems;
- Raising Finance to allow you to invest in growth;
- Improving the potential of your team members;
- Measuring and testing everything so that you can continually improve.
Our Business Healthcheck service is designed to identify the health of your business to produce a list of recommended areas where there is opportunity for improvement.
The healthcheck can help with…
- Producing a valuation of your business
- Reviewing the management information systems and reports used
- Goal setting and how you measure where you are against those goals
- Identifying the blocks that are stopping you from getting where you want to be
- Benchmarking against other businesses in your industry – do you know how you compare to the best and the average in your industry
- Helping you with working ON your business as opposed to IN it
- Development of key performance indicators
- Review of marketing strategy, USP’s, customer service levels to assist with business growth
- Pricing strategy review
- Review of systems to identify cash flow needs
- Review of systems to develop the potential of your team
- Review of disaster recovery planning – death, loss of key personnel, fire, computer failure, etc
Business Support Sessions
Who do you turn to for business support?
Our business support sessions are a planned series of sessions to support you in developing your business. We listen to your issues and provide constructive feedback and ideas.
They can be monthly, quarterly or six monthly.
They are ideal for…
- Business owners that have little other support. Employees come to you with their problems but who do you go to?
- Those needing a fresh pair of eyes to suggest new ideas – most great ideas come from those outside of the immediate business!
- Helping you focus on working ON your business, not IN the business
- Anyone who needs to set time aside to focus on key business issues
The sessions can be used to cover any or all of the following…
- Review of management accounts and information
- Business strategy
- Comparison of where you are in relation to goals
- Business growth and marketing ideas
- Employee issues
- Cost saving strategies
- Tax saving ideas and queries
An agreed action plan is formulated from each session that we produce for review of progress at the next business support session.
“Do you know what your business is worth?”
Valuations can be required for…
- Monitoring how the business is performing against goals;
- Taxation and negotiating with the tax authorities;
- Business sales and purchases;
- Business mergers;
- Divorce proceedings and matrimonial disputes;
- Raising finance;
- Company buy back of shares;
- Tax planning;
- Financial reporting requirements;
- Shareholder/partner disputes;
- Pension and exit planning.
We can provide business valuation services for unincorporated entities and shares in unquoted companies based in the UK including assistance with dispute resolution and litigation.
Ever wondered how you rate against others in your industry, to help identify the areas where there is opportunity for improvement.
Use our benchmarking service and report to see…
- How you compare against the industry average
- The best and worst statistics in your industry
We’ll identify how you compare in all sorts of key areas including…
- Sales levels and growth rates
- Debtor days – how good you are at collecting in the cash!
- Gross and net profits margins
“Do you want to take the risk of forming your own company?”
There’s more to consider than just buying a cheap ready-made company on the internet!
We can assist you with company formations for…
- An off the shelf ready-made company;
- A tailor-made company;
- Limited Liability Partnership;
- PLC formation;
For urgent requests, we can also arrange same day formations.
To check the availability of a Limited Company name, you can use the Companies House Information Service. Type in the name you want, select the option for “Company Name Availability Search” and see if it comes up in the list.
Our Company formation packages can include…
- Advice on the pros and cons of incorporation in your own situation;
- Appointment of directors;
- Appointment of company secretary;
- Issue of subscriber shares;
- Registered office services;
- Completion of all necessary minutes and resolutions;
- Assistance in opening a bank account;
- Tax review with regard to company formation – forming the company yourself and getting this wrong can be very costly!
- VAT Registration
- Company registration for Corporation Tax;
- Set up of Company PAYE scheme;
- Book-keeping set-up advice;
- Business Plans
- Assistance with raising finance.
Company Secretarial Services
We can help you fulfil this role and offer the following services…
- Registered office facilities
- Maintenance of statutory registers
- Submission of statutory documents
- Giving notice of General Meetings
- Drafting agendas for company meetings
- Preparing Minutes of Meetings
- Completion of share transfer forms
- Preparation of share certificates
- Carrying out company searches
- Filing of Confirmation Statement
- Acting as Company Secretary
- General Company Law advice
- Advice on protection of minority interests
Contractors and IR35
“The Taxman loses most IR35 disputes!”
Please contact us if you would like a free consultation to discuss the tax advantages of contracting in more detail and the different possible scenarios.
We offer all inclusive services for contractors including…
- Company formation;
- Annual Accounts;
- Company tax returns;
- Personal Tax Returns;
- Company secretarial service;
- VAT Returns;
- PAYE Returns;
- Tax computations;
- Review of contracts for IR35 status;
- Provision of anti IR35 draft contracts;
- Dealing with IR35 disputes.
There are many factors to consider in deciding if a contractor is caught by the notorious IR35 legislation.
Fundamental factors to consider:
- The right to get a substitute or helper to do the job;
- Mutuality of obligations.
Other factors to consider:
- Provision of equipment;
- Financial Risk;
- Basis of Payment;
- Opportunity to profit from sound management;
- Part and parcel of the organisation;
- Right of dismissal;
- Employee benefits;
- Intention of the parties;
- Length of engagement.
These are often matters of general employment law, and not specific tax legislation. There is an enormous amount of Case Law in this area and the Taxman is not always right. They do not have the final say on whether somebody is caught by IR35 or not. We can argue your case for you.
The cost of employees and employers national insurance if you get it wrong are considerable as well as interest and penalties.
We can review your existing arrangements and give you our opinion on whether it will stand up to attack from the Revenue. We can help draft contracts for services to assist you and advise on how you can maximise your chances.
Employee Remuneration Planning
How about the Taxman paying more towards your employee remuneration?
Good remuneration packages are important in attracting and keeping the right quality staff.
We offer comprehensive advice on all employment tax issues including…
- Tax-efficient remuneration strategies
- Planning for retirement
- Termination payments
- Inducement payments
- Company car and van strategies
- Benefits planning
- Expenses dispensations
“Getting employment status wrong is one of the most expensive tax mistakes”
The question as to whether someone is employed or self employed is not as straightforward as it might at first appear. Many people assume they are free to choose, but this is not the case.
Although there is no clear-cut answer as to how you decide if you are self-employed or not, the following should be on your checklist
Fundamental factors to consider:
The right to get a substitute or helper to do the job;
Mutuality of obligations.
Other factors to consider:
Provision of equipment;
Basis of Payment
Opportunity to profit from sound management;
Part and parcel of the organisation;
Right of dismissal;
Intention of the parties;
Length of engagement.
These are often matters of general employment law, and not specific tax legislation. There is an enormous amount of Case Law in this area and HMRC are not always right. HMRC do not have the final say on whether somebody is self-employed or not. We can argue your case and take it before the Tax Commissioners for you.
The cost if you get it wrong is enormous. Not only is there the question of employees and employers national insurance, being classified as an employee also gives rise to all sorts of employment rights such as holiday pay, maternity pay, unfair dismissal etc. The decision has to be made by the employer and if you get it wrong it is going to be very hard to recover the back tax, interest, penalties etc from the worker.
We can review your existing arrangements and give you our opinion on whether it will stand up to attack from the Taxman. We can help advise on contracts for services to assist you and advise on how you can maximise your chances.
“Need to get a bank account open?”
- Advise you on the best banks for your needs;
- Use our established relationships with the local banks to introduce you and assist in opening an account;
- Prepare business plans and assist with raising finance.
Management Accounts and Information
“If you measure it, you can manage it!”
Up to date, relevant and quickly produced management information allows you to make the right decisions.
Our management accounts and information services include…
Monthly or quarterly management accounts;
Reporting of key performance indicators that are the underlying drivers that run your business;
Help with in house systems for you to produce your own information;
Training on how to get the most out of your information;
Supplying management information to lenders;
Actual performance compared to budget and/or comparative periods;
Costing information, including break-even turnover levels.
“Working ON the business to help you manage the money!”
Our consultancy services can include a review of your management information systems, particularly in relation to your financial systems and controls that will enable you to take full control of your business.
This can include…
- Cash controls;
- Debtor control;
- Stock control;
- Purchasing systems;
- Cost controls;
- Financial reporting systems.
Reliable management information allows you to react quickly to changing business needs.
“Do you know the most likely source of finance at the best rates?”
Through our close working relationships with finance sources, we can assist in advising on the right type of finance for you and offer advice on…
- Bank loans and overdrafts
- Personal loans
- Sales invoice factoring and discounting
- Leasing and contract hire
- Venture capital
- Private investment sources
“Need a different address for your registered office?”
You can use our office address as the registered office for your company.
This will also ensure all important documents come straight to us to deal with on your behalf straight away. Any that aren’t for us, we forward to you.
Business Support Services – Contact Us
For more information regarding our business support services or to discuss how we can help your business in other ways please get in touch using one of the methods below.