Seagrave French is far more than your average Certified Chartered Accountants, we are owner-managed business champions who will help you transform your business.
We don’t just prepare accounts and calculate tax, we help our clients grow their companies, improve profitability and achieve their personal objectives. We do this as part of our client meetings and we have a detailed agenda that we use to address key areas that businesses need to address.
Transform Your Business Operations
As part of our service to clients, we help them make sure that their operations are running smoothly. This can help improve profitability and increase value in the event of a sale. Here are some of the questions we ask and they are good questions for any business owner to consider.
- How does the business protect against fraud?
- Do we have the right HR support?
- How is health a safety managed?
- Are the terms and conditions up to date?
- Do we have sufficient information about business performance?
Obviously, we elaborate on these matters, but its a good idea for all businesses to consider these matters.
Transform Your Business Strategy
Normally the best way to improve the value of a company is for the owner to spend time working on the business. Here are some of the questions that we ask our business owners in order to challenge them to do just that.
- Have we set medium and long term business and personal objectives
- Have these been built into a strategic plan?
- Do we know who our key customers, suppliers and products or services are?
- Which staff are key to the business and how do we retain them?
- Do we have budgets and cash flow forecast for at least 12 months?
- Is our business funding planned and adequate?
Transform Your Business Tax Planning
Working together we should help you improve business performance, as profits increase then tax payments increase too.
Large corporates treat tax as a business expense – i.e. one that should be controlled and ensure maximum value for money. When it comes to tax this means reducing it but considering the risks and rewards.
As part of our work with you, we will help to understand your attitude to tax and implement strategies that deliver on your objectives. The things we consider are
- Is the business owners remuneration structured in the most tax-efficient way?
- Are vehicle costs and ownership arrangements beneficial?
- Do we fully utilise other family members allowances and reliefs?
- Are we using pension reliefs that are available?
- Do we plan capital expenditure to maximise relief?
- Do we use the annual CGT limit wherever possible?
- Are we sure that the business qualifies for the valuable IHT and CGT reliefs?
- Are Research and Development reliefs claimed where possible?
- Do we make maximum claims for capital allowances on the purchase of freehold property?
We have 144 different things to consider but the above is a good start for most businesses
Find Out How to Transform Your Business
If you’d like to know more about our range of services please get in touch with our team to arrange a free consultation.