During the energy crisis, the energy companies have been raking it in. However, if you used a broker, there may be a chance to claim to return some of what your business paid for energy.
Some energy companies and brokers needed to be more transparent about how the contracts were arranged and priced. So, there is now an opportunity to claim compensation in certain circumstances.
We are working with a third-party provider who can assess your case with some information and then make a claim with a no-win, no-fee arrangement.
If they win compensation for you, they will take a percentage of the claim to cover their costs, and you will receive the balance. If you are not successful or don’t have a valid claim, there is nothing to pay.
OFGEM issued a report in March 2022, confirming that almost all business users who used a broker were mis-sold.
- 80% of UK businesses used an energy broker
- Over 90% of these contracts were mis-sold
- UK businesses can reclaim up to 80% of their bills back to 2000
- Fees are capped at 30% of the claim, deducted from any claim
- Business owners will not be asked to pay anything in advance.
This only applies to businesses that use an energy broker, but if that is you, then call us, and we will set up an appointment for you.